Saturday, August 31, 2019

I Just Noticed That WWW Were Hidden from Chrome, Does It Mean We Should Use Non-WWW Now?

So I just notice this change when I updated my Chrome browser, and I started thinking this will surely change people behavior that in future more and more people will type domain without www. and slowly no one will be typing www. anymore.

My friend who co-own a website with me asked me if we should convert to non-www but I'm not sure about this because on a technical perspective I still don't like the idea of using naked domain, especially a lot of my website are using Cloudflare and they usually have some compatibility issues with non-www. But on SEO perspective if more people will just type the naked domain it means there'll be one extra redirection for them (from non-www to www).

What do you think?

submitted by /u/JosephCY
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cxtxqn/i_just_noticed_that_www_were_hidden_from_chrome/>

No comments:

Post a Comment