Saturday, August 31, 2019

I Just Noticed That WWW Were Hidden from Chrome, Does It Mean We Should Use Non-WWW Now?

So I just notice this change when I updated my Chrome browser, and I started thinking this will surely change people behavior that in future more and more people will type domain without www. and slowly no one will be typing www. anymore.

​

My friend who co-own a website with me asked me if we should convert to non-www but I'm not sure about this because on a technical perspective I still don't like the idea of using naked domain, especially a lot of my website are using Cloudflare and they usually have some compatibility issues with non-www. But on SEO perspective if more people will just type the naked domain it means there'll be one extra redirection for them (from non-www to www).

​

What do you think?

submitted by /u/JosephCY
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cxtxqn/i_just_noticed_that_www_were_hidden_from_chrome/>

No comments:

Post a Comment