Thursday, August 29, 2019

Someone copied my post and ranked higher than mine, despite introducing tons of errors.

This actually happened on two articles. Their author reworded my articles in a hurry, slightly rearranged the content, and removed all the images, links, and sources leaving only bare text. On top of that, they introduced tons of spelling, grammar, and contextual problems. For example, in places where I had linked to another article, they simply removed the link and left a sentence like "read more about that here."

My articles have reasonable keyword densities and none of those errors, yet one of the two cloned articles landed just below mine on the front page of Google and the other actually landed on the front page where mine is on the second. On top of that, their site is only a few weeks old. This all goes completely against what I thought went into good SEO. I always strive to create quality content for readers, but apparently someone can just barf words onto a page and pass me in the rankings overnight.

Has anyone else had something this happen? What could explain it? Am I missing something?

submitted by /u/stigsmotocousin
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/cx3gfk/someone_copied_my_post_and_ranked_higher_than/>

No comments:

Post a Comment