Tuesday, July 28, 2020

How to optimize for Google Discover?

Hi Everyone,

I have been a professional marketeer/SEO/Content writer for almost 5 years now. Everything is going great and I have learned and developed many things over the years. And obviously, like many others of you here, I love to learn more new things everyday.

Yesterday, one of my dear friends (who runs a small financial blog that hasn't really gotten any major traffic yet) suddenly received a HUGE spike of traffic. Usually they bring in about 300-700 people, both new and recurring traffic, but yesterday they received 20K on one article in a day! Furthermore, it was published the day before yesterday!

When checking analytics, we couldn't figure out the origin of the traffic. We could only see that there was a huge spike in direct traffic. After looking at all the metrics, we were pretty much certain they were the victim of a spam bot.

This morning, analytics updated and we could retrace the traffic from Google discover.

I was amazed by this neat little occurrence. I had never seen it happen to my own website and I do write blogs that gain a lot of traffic.

So obviously my question is, how can we optimize for Google Discover?

Are there any pointers we should look at? I've been reading up on some blogs about it, but the information I find there doesn't really go any farther than very basic SEO principles.

I'm very curious what you guys think about this. I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks and keep on battling the Goog's! :)

submitted by /u/Doctor_Philly
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hza8rr/how_to_optimize_for_google_discover/>

No comments:

Post a Comment