Wednesday, July 29, 2020

starting my first local SEO client. any advice?

Hello,

I usually do SEO on a national scale for businesses without brick and mortar locations. This new client that I am getting is for a local brick and mortar dentist. Any advice you may have for me on how local brick and mortar and national SEO differ would be appreciated. Here are some specific questions:

- GMB: I know this is huge for local brick and mortar businesses (its how i find people, i never click the regular serps) - What are the primary ranking factors for GMB? do i even need to bother with getting the "first organic hit" in the non-GMB results? How important are the regular SERPS?

- tools - I looked up Brightlocal for tracking GMB seems to be legit. anyone ever use it? Any other tools for tracking local SEO? I currently use MOZ and Ahrefs for my national clients

- on-page SEO and money keyword - so I am thinking my first step for organic hits (non GMB) will be to create a pages "money-keyword-location-1, money-keyword-location-2". Is this a good strategy? Again, not sure how important the non-GMB serps even are

-Content/blogging/links - I definitely want to start a blog page to get links. maybe even rank nationally for long tailed keywords to encourage links and authority. Should i put the doctor as the author for blog posts? She offered to help me write some of the posts. I think having her picture on there as an author could be great

Anyways, thanks for reading. really just looking for advice on how to transfer my national SEO skillz to local and how to manage GMB/its weight vs. regular SERPS

submitted by /u/rpmeg
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/i0boba/starting_my_first_local_seo_client_any_advice/>

No comments:

Post a Comment