Friday, July 31, 2020

Links' blog structure for SEO

Hello,

First of all, I am quite new to SEO.

Recently I came across a few articles about internal linking. I work in a payment gateway company and maintain their blog, which I want to optimize for SEO. The blog already has quite the number of posts, but I think it needs improvement for internal linking, so I have decided to work on that.

However, our blog structure consists of a lot of "built-in" links in general. If I would create a post with no content, there would still be a lot of navigational links (like links to categories, links to recent posts, links to original page and etc.) in header, footer and side of the page. They repeat on every single blog post.

Now if I understand correctly, internal linking helps search engines to identify what the page is about. These links consist the majority of links in the page. Situation: lets say I would write a 500 words post about common fraud situations with online payments, link 2-3 times to fraud related blog posts or pages in the content, there would still be ~30 links in header/footer/sidebar/menu bar that are not related to the topic. They would link to recent posts, top performing pages of a website, main page and etc.

My question is: if in every single post, there are a lot of links that are not related to the topic of the page, does that make the page difficult to understand for search engines? Should I make the blog interface simpler, by remove these "navigational" links, and only leaving the menu bar for navigation?

submitted by /u/fjundzer
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/i13yha/links_blog_structure_for_seo/>

No comments:

Post a Comment