Monday, July 27, 2020

Migrating website to a new platform (301,404) Issues. Help much appreciated!

Hello,

We migrated our website to a new platform, I have never done anything like this before.

I guess they rushed with publishing the website, and now there are a lot of issues.

I crawled the website in MOZ and there are a ton of things that need to fixed.

The new website has pages that do not currently exist in the new one but when people search for them in google they come up. I am doing 301 redirects for the pages that we currently have but there are a lot of things that need to be fixed.

For example if someone searches for "Whitman Black tables" there are 2 different titles that take the user to the same page, and I'm afraid google will penalize us for this.

What should be priority, I would hate to lose any SEO, I'm trying my best but I'm getting anxiety at this point.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/CooledGriffon
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hytypa/migrating_website_to_a_new_platform_301404_issues/>

No comments:

Post a Comment