Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Google is about Backlinks while Bing is the real Search Engine?

Hi, everyone.

I tend to try things out and share the results found here which I believe can help us.

So, here is it.

There is a keyword that covers geographical searches.

Let's say, "Top Starbucks Alternatives".

For a geographical search, one can write on "the Top Starbucks Alternatives in Canada".

Having done this myself - the geographical version, I have discovered that Google prioritises pages with lots of backlinks to the main targeted keyword.

Meanwhile, I mistakenly did the same search on Yahoo powered by Bing and discovered that I rank #1 cause the article is well optimised while on Google I rank #5 - the first is not even a search for my geographical area - but they've got a lot of backlinks.

As awkward as it sounds. I recently saw a page that ranked #4 for only a non-youtube video with a disclaimer text while the real page articles are below - all because they've built backlinks to it.

It seems Google can easily be tricked or are they just favouring only Backlinked content without taking cognisance of the real value to the audiences...

It's just bad that Bing does not get all the hypes Google does.

submitted by /u/isuawealthy
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hzv6y9/google_is_about_backlinks_while_bing_is_the_real/>

No comments:

Post a Comment