Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Content-first approach?

Is it me or do a lot (most) SEOs focus a lot on doing a lot of very specific keywords research and writing content based on the KW difficulty, monthly searches, volume, and so on?
And I was just thinking of doing a content-first approach. For example, to come with a specific topic first (a lot of article topics that are relevant for our niche/industry and we know we could write great content on), and THEN, do SEO research and analysis for that specific topic. Of course, include all the best on-page SEO practices, outreach, content promotion, and all that.
Sure, knowing your SEO general search phrases and keywords can help in coming up with writing blog posts and page ideas. But what if you already have a lot of great content ideas - based on your own topic expertise, knowledge and experience, and a lot of useful material you could use for it. Sure you might not rank for certain topics competing against huge companies, but hey, it's still gonna be valuable for your audience + can focus on content marketing/promotion. It definitely makes sense to write on that topic and then focus on all the SEO/content promotion tactics right?
It sounds like I'm asking for permission, but I guess I was wondering what you guys think about this? Anyone follow a similar approach? Just trying to narrow down a workflow process here, any pointers/thoughts would be useful!

submitted by /u/account_xth
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hjjjek/contentfirst_approach/>

No comments:

Post a Comment