Monday, November 30, 2020

Impressions/Clicks not consistent with Position

Hi all,

I am having a lot of difficulty with impressions/clicks for my site. For the past month or so impressions have been a paltry 15-25/day with clicks between 5-10/day across the whole site.

I have been doing a bit of a deep dive and, as an example, 1 post in particular had 5 impressions and 1 click this past week, despite ranking on the 1st page for its targeted keywords the entire time (according to GSC).

Now, contrast this with the first week of October and this same post managed 1570 impressions and 31 clicks, so I know the keywords its ranking for pull in traffic.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I know things have been a bit weird in the SERP of late, but I think its more likely an issue on my end rather than Google's.

I've checked all the usual things like robots.txt, manual actions etc and Google appears to be able to crawl my site just fine and I have no penalties or issues in GSC's eyes.

I would love to hear any insight anyone may have.

submitted by /u/shawnlinus
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/k3sp08/impressionsclicks_not_consistent_with_position/>

No comments:

Post a Comment