Friday, November 27, 2020

Is there a faster way to get Google to reindex a page.

The title is basically all I need to know, but I'll give a little more information in the hope it makes more sense.

I had a blog post that was ranking well for a popular keyphrase, and I saw a small decline in traffic which alerted me to check GSC. The issue appears to have been present for the last few days (I've been so busy I neglected my own website) that it appears the post dropped off the index.

I ran the report in GSC and it's telling me it was alerted that it was a soft 404. The only thing I can think of is my web host accidentally switched my custom .htaccess file (that had 301 re-writes because I changed the permalink structure for my blog posts) to a default WordPress one to troubleshoot issues on my website - without my permission or asking to do so first.

It has since been reverted, but the post hasn't been recrawled for a few days now and still indicates a soft 404 error so I really do not want them to remove it from the index.

I can't prove it (and it's probably placebo) but it feels like everything is taking so much longer to index with the indexing request tool being suspended, so I have no idea how to get Google's attention and get them to crawl this page again.

Any ideas for me?

(I also cross-posted this to /r/bigSEO but figured there could be some helpful brains here too.)

submitted by /u/GringoTheDingoAU
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/k1x6sj/is_there_a_faster_way_to_get_google_to_reindex_a/>

No comments:

Post a Comment