Sunday, November 29, 2020

Spammy Links - Advice Please.

I have a 5 year old site. It's a local bricks and mortor store. We added a small shop to the site a couple of years ago under a subdomain (shop.website.com).

anyway, never really thought anything of it. the site is wordpress and the shop uses woocommerce. i used to notice a few spammy comments on products but used to ignore it. I was under the belief that Wordpress's spam protection would be enough. The site already has comments disabled so I fail to see how a sit can spam if it can't post anywhere...

So anyway, fast forward to today and I check backlinks on Moz and Ahrefs. I never do this normally, this is maybe the second time in 5 years. I noticed a lot of the spammy links were comments on products within the woocommerce shop!!

WTF, again. How can these spammers be auto commenting on products and negative SEOing my site when comments are disabled?

submitted by /u/theworldsaplayground
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/k3l8fc/spammy_links_advice_please/>

No comments:

Post a Comment