Sunday, November 29, 2020

Where to start: SEO or layout first for a new website?

Hi there - sorry for the totally newb question that's about to follow.

I recently started working as a content writer/marketer for a company that creates business software (with automation) for other companies - similar to Zoho or OutSystems. We currently have a website up that (according to my boss) is meant to appeal to both potential clients (i.e. business owners) and to potential partners (developers who want to publish an app in our app marketplace). So theoretically, our site should have both tech and business-friendly writing - but right now, it leans heavily towards the tech stuff and honestly, I think any business owner who didn't start out in IT wouldn't understand at least 60% of our current site.

After talking to my boss, I've gotten approval to change as much of the website as I want (as long as I get changes approved by him first). But I'm a bit confused - should I start with a layout for the site, launch it (once I get approval), and only then go through everything and edit the blog posts for SEO keywords? Or do I need an SEO plan from the get-go? Are there layouts that are more or less SEO friendly?

I know nothing about SEO. I'm willing to learn, of course, but I'm also open to hiring outside help.

I just want to make sure that if I get outside help, I don't waste money on something that isn't appropriate to my current work and goals (at any given stage).

So yeah... building a new website from scratch. Where do I start (with SEO)? Which things will have the biggest impact on a website's rankings? What would you do in my situation?

submitted by /u/Armadillo_Rock
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/k3b6kr/where_to_start_seo_or_layout_first_for_a_new/>

No comments:

Post a Comment