Monday, November 30, 2020

Questions about SEO for translating my English content into other languages / multi-language SEO migration

Hi everyone,

I run a blog which has grown and now ranks fairly well in English language keywords across the USA, UK, Canada, etc, and I'm considering having the content translated into other major languages to expand further. However, I've never done anything like this before, and understand that it is a big deal architecture-wise, and can go badly wrong if not done properly.

I was hoping someone could help with the following queries:

- What have you found to be the best way to change from a single language to multiple language site, architecture-wise? If you've done this for a Wordpress site, how did you do it?

- Is there a best-practice way of telling Google that this version of content is the same as the different language pages in other areas of the site? E.g. like a canonical link for similar pages.

- Can you use your DA to rank instantly / much quicker in other languages / geographies than you would if you had started all over again? I'm less interested in translating the content if I am likely to have to regain Google's trust over 12-24 months again, and wondering if you get put straight back up there if you're trusted in English.

- If you only have a few pieces of your most popular content translated, is that enough to still rank highly for those pieces of content? It is said that you need to be uploading, improving, editing content often to be seen as fresh and relevant, but could I just go 80/20 Pareto and have a few of the best pieces translated, and still get most of the results by ranking these most popular pages in Spanish, German, etc? Or do you have to commit to publishing masses of content to rank highly?

if there's anything I'm clearly missing out that you think might help, please also let me know!

Thank you for all your help!

submitted by /u/northlondonsfinest
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/k3y3cd/questions_about_seo_for_translating_my_english/>

No comments:

Post a Comment