Saturday, March 27, 2021

Best Way to Turn ECommerce Blog Visitors Into Customers?

Hi everyone!

I’m currently in college but I help manage the SEO side for a male skincare brand part time.

Since I’ve joined, I helped build out their blog and scale it from 0-30,000 monthly visitors in 9 months.

However, one big issue we’ve faced is converting these visitors into customers.

We’re currently only getting 5-6 purchases through the blog each month which is abysmal considering this accounts for 1% of all monthly revenue.

I’ve tried a number of new strategies. I switched our content calendar so that it focuses on more male-centric topics since male skincare keywords are pretty low volume and rarely convert well.

We’ve also added buttons with CTA for skincare products related to the blog posts.

Our CTR is currently anywhere between 2-4% for each blog post which is alright I guess but it doesn’t lead to anything really.

I also talked to the CEO and we’re going to create a skincare quiz that helps men find the item they need through a number of questions related to their skincare problems.

This will also help us collect email addresses since one of the questions will ask for their email and then we can start email marketing with the new visitor.

We’re the going to link this quiz to our buttons in each blog post.

However, for the most part, I would still like to see better results so does anyone experienced in eCommerce SEO have any tips or tricks on converting visitors into purchasers?

submitted by /u/jchang2080
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/mejogx/best_way_to_turn_ecommerce_blog_visitors_into/>

No comments:

Post a Comment