Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Local + International SEO for Topic

So, I recently found a product that I really liked and decided to write a review for it.

I've split them into 2 to focus on 2 keywords:

XYZ ProductA Review

Best ProductA for CountryB (Url: best-producta-countryb)

The idea is that I'm focusing on 2 aspects for this product:

  1. that this product is really good in my experience for countryb and that's how someone new to the topic looking for this product in this country would search for it, and
  2. I wanted an 'international' review article so anybody around the world searching for that article would find it, not only people in countryb
  3. They'd do well together as an internal link

The problem I have now is that, apart from the obvious adjustments in-article to address the target audience.... about 95% of the article is the same. I'm wondering if that would be detrimental to the SEO for these articles.

I've also considered cutting down the countryb optimised version so that you get the gist and then get redirected to the main review article, but I'm wondering if that will lose readers in the redirect.

submitted by /u/shadowoflight
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/mh0i8h/local_international_seo_for_topic/>

No comments:

Post a Comment