Monday, March 29, 2021

Is irrelevant organic traffic good or bad for SEO?

Dear SEO community,

I am stumped with a situation that I have encountered with an outside SEO consultant.

I've recently hired outside help to assist me with SEO. The website is an e-commerce store for home appliances. In their report, they gave me, among other things, the recommendations for how to set up my filters for the search engine on my site.

The filters have parameters that are irrelevant for the products that I sell online. When I asked them why I would need to have such filters on my website, they claimed that these filters were based on their traffic research (for my competitors), and that any kind of traffic is good (as long as it is free, i.e. not PPC). Their logic being that this way, even if I attract a visitor to my website who is not able to find the information and product that he is looking for, I have at least some sort of probability of converting him into a customer. I claimed that such a traffic/audience would spend little time on my website and my bounce rates would be high, which would then go on to negatively affect my SEO.

I am far from being an expert in SEO, so I have no idea which way to go at this spot. Any kind of elaboration/advice would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/fcmeder
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/mfmv26/is_irrelevant_organic_traffic_good_or_bad_for_seo/>

No comments:

Post a Comment