Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Permalink Structure Change and Redirect Questions

I have blog pages have been set up to include the date in the url.
Ex: clientname / 2014 / 09 / dwi-lawyers-mn-choose /
Am I correct in assuming that Google is looking at this page as being at a click depth of 3? (And therefore being a page that Google is less likely to crawl)

My larger issue is if I should change the permalink structure to not include the date in the URL. I mean, I don't want the date in the URL, but I'm wondering about the work it would take to manually redirect 300 pages, and all the other issues that could arise. Like if I change the Permalink structure, what happens to all the existing pages? Also, losing rank isn't really an issue because the traffic is super low anyway.

I would use Yoast Premium, but the client doesn't want to pay for it.

Any clarification would be much appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/jessicakzim
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/mhkpmp/permalink_structure_change_and_redirect_questions/>

No comments:

Post a Comment