Saturday, March 27, 2021

Targeted for Backlink Attack (Second Time)

I’m in a tough niche (personal injury law).

This is the second time we’ve been the target for a backlink attack. Whenever we begin to do well, suddenly we gain 100,000 backlinks from a couple sites and it tanks out DR and ranking.

I’ve disavowed the domains of these sites but the damage is brutal and it took me MONTHS to recover from the first attack.

I also sent an email to the site telling them to remove our links and to stop adding our site. No response yet and they are still adding more links.

The site has no info when I did a WhoIs look up.

My questions are:

  • Is there anything more I can do than disavow?

  • Is there any Google support for this at all? Anyone I can contact to let them know?

  • How can I find out whose done this? If they’ve done it twice in 6 months I have a feeling this won’t end and I need to call them out directly.

  • Can I prevent this in anyway?

I’d really appreciate any insight at all. It’s been a rough week dealing with this bullsh*t. I can’t believe other SEOs would drop to this level.

I’m a believer in doing good work and if competitors would put in the work they wouldn’t need to attack us, just do better instead.

Need some SEO love today because I’m disillusioned about our industry at the moment.

submitted by /u/here4thenews
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/meqimk/targeted_for_backlink_attack_second_time/>

No comments:

Post a Comment