Thursday, July 2, 2020

Is elementor more SEO friendly than free themes? (generate press)

A couple of weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and buy a site I thought had a lot of potential in addition to the pet project I am trying to build from scratch.

I noticed on my new site that the 5 most recent articles were written in elementor theme rather than generate press while the 60-something other articles were not. The other articles were just written in the generate press theme the site was natively built in. The elementor articles are all doing much better in search engines (impressions, clicks, etc) than the non-elementor articles. They are all of similar length, same writer, same yoast optimization, etc.

My initial plan when buying the site was to ditch elementor since 95% of the site was not in elementor, but now I'm not so sure. It could be that the social media and general following for the site has increased a lot in the last couple months and so more social signals are making it rank better, or it could be that elementor has some "secret sauce" in terms of a great template/fast load times/easily readable code etc that inherently ranks better.

Does anyone have any insight into this or has been in this situation before? SEO professionals with much more experience than me, do you think the increased traffic is just a result of the sites growth, or is elementor THAT much better for SEO that i should commit to spending dozen if not hundreds of hours to switch the rest of the site into elementor?

submitted by /u/brokecollegekids
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hjxj2z/is_elementor_more_seo_friendly_than_free_themes/>

No comments:

Post a Comment