Friday, July 3, 2020

Possible to find an SEO that works "One on One"?

For a few months now, I've been trying to find a very experienced SEO to work one-on-one with me on three sites.

I have a solid range of SEO knowledge myself (20 years experience with SEO, though I'm no longer up on everything) and don't want someone that just sends me SEMRush/Ahrefs generated punch lists nor someone that just wants to have a monthly retainer where they show me how great they've ranked me for keywords that don't drive meaningful traffic.

My on-page SEO is solid (as most people that I've talked to say there isn't much else to do there) but I need a reasonable amount of help with technical SEO (Schema, that kind of thing) and backlinking. I have an SEMRush subscription but with 3 large sites the data it gives me is a bit overwhelming and then some of the suggestions it makes are too technical for me to pull off on my own.

The few advanced "consultant" style SEOs I've encountered aren't willing to actually roll up their sleeves and do anything - they just want to opine about techniques and then refer me to other people to do the work which is less than efficient. Other SEOs just send me boiler plate X dollars for Y months which ignores that I already have all the building blocks in place.

I'm starting to think there are just a handful of people that actually understand advanced SEO and enjoy it enough to spend a handful of hours (10? 20?) working with me on Zoom, etc.

In short, it seems that since I've already done the easy work, it's quite challenging finding someone to work with me on the advanced stuff. And I don't want an agency, because when I just need one person it doesn't make sense to pay for an agency setup. I want to pay hourly and can implement things on my own once we create various action plans.

Anyone have someone to recommend? Want to recommend yourself? My inbox is open :)

submitted by /u/milestalk
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/hku9wo/possible_to_find_an_seo_that_works_one_on_one/>

No comments:

Post a Comment