Saturday, November 21, 2020

Local SEO tip - link to location pages from GMB listings

Want to share a personal discovery. I manage the website for a brick and mortar healthcare facility with several locations.

To help with local rankings, I created 3 pages - "domain dot com / money keyword location"

3 months later - the pages still weren't even indexed - despite the pages having very relevant, valuable, and unique information to that location (they weren't doorway pages by any means). It was disheartening to say the least because this method has worked phenomenally for me with 5 other websites.

After trying a bunch of stuff - I decided to link my GMB profiles to those respective location pages rather than the homepage.

Within literally 2 hours the page became indexed. Several days later they were ranking first page.

Let me hedge this post so people don't call me a dummy - maybe this is already best practice or common knowledge. I am relatively new to SEO for local brick and mortar businesses - but wanted to share my experience so take it or leave it!

submitted by /u/rpmeg
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/jye6nj/local_seo_tip_link_to_location_pages_from_gmb/>

No comments:

Post a Comment