Monday, December 30, 2019

How do I approach a company, that sells a single software product which solely occupies an extremely niche market but has virtually zero internet presence outside of its own site, for affiliate marketing purposes.

Basically there's is a software product I use that has a small, but fiercely active community. I know it inside out, and over the years have found extremely creative and non-documented uses for it. I have very sporadically written and posted about them over the years, and everytime I do the feedback as been fantastic.

The company's userbase is aging out, and there are maybe 15 videos (non-company produced videos) about the product on Youtube (which are painfully archaic). There are ZERO dedicated blogs outside the company's own forums--which are populated day and night by dozens of loyal, but dwindling, users. When I search for the product's name in various forums people will be like "What, I used it in 2005...are they still around"!?

I ran some searches on Ubersuggest, and noted that the main related keywords are searched 30,000 times a month. A Youtube video that was the top result-with only one keyword of separation between them-had 90 million views.

As someone who spends time in both markets (the 90 million YT video one and this company) I have determined exactly how to--eventually--bridge the two and drive TONS of users to the site with a combination of YT tutorials, blog posts, etc.

FWIW, the product has several tier versions from approx 200 to 700 USD and there are annual updates which are about 100 USD and a bunch of new features that most folks in the forums either don't understand or can't figure out how to use properly. It should be noted that a lot of people stopped buying updates (and are vocal about it in the forum) because of this lack of "bridge." The bridge, BTW, is not a line of code or a marketing technique, it is a series of conceptual and workflow based concepts that could potentially be the subject of many, many videos as the topic itself is timeless.

Anyway, I'm a bit desperate to somehow figure out how to make money off of this. My decent-paying white-collar job of nearly a decade was eliminated when it was outsourced overseas, and I have a family and bills to pay.

I'm not looking for "SEVEN FIGURES A MONTH IN PASSIVE INCOME!!!!" I know it will be a long and arduous process, and I'm willing to work as hard as necessary learning the video production and editing gear and software that it takes to produce engaging content.

I have some severance (not much, but it's something...), and would be more than happy to pay well for whatever services I need to get up and running. I've been lurking this sub for a while now (as well as r/bigseo, r/PPC, and similar), and a lot of folks here know their shit, work hard, and don't deserve any of that crap I see ppl ranting about in r/freelance, r/Upwork etc).

I've been watching YT tutorials, even paid for some online courses that I'm actually doing, and there are so many concepts and ideas to grasp that I'm not sure what to focus on. :-(

Do I need to learn Wordpress? SEO analytics? Affiliate Marketing? PPC? And if I wanted to hire someone to consult with regarding the idea I have described above, what do I search for? Am I looking for a Web Developer? An SEO expert? A digital marketing expert?

From what I can understand, the userbase and niche is simply not big enough, or sufficiently wide in scope, to make any money off it through "traditional" monetization methods, and reckon the only way I could profit from this is if the company pays me for each click I drive to their site. However, I'm 99.9 percent certain they have zero PPC/google ad/or affiliate marketing structure.

I hope this all made sense, and thank ya'll for reading...any help here would be very, very, much appreciated!

submitted by /u/SomeSunnyDay123
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ehl9or/how_do_i_approach_a_company_that_sells_a_single/>

No comments:

Post a Comment