Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Updating Outdated Google My Business Listings

Howdy smart internet people,

I have a quick question about GMB listings. I am an Allstate Insurance Agent that is looking to optimize my google business listing. I have been doing some competitor analysis of how other local insurance agencies run their GMB. While doing so I noticed a few Allstate Agents owners who have went under or sold off their book of business but their GMB is still active. When I click visit website it just redirects to a large Allsate directory for all fifty states instead of the state and agent the user would be actively trying to reach. Would it be unethical to suggest to google to replace their website with my agency website and phone number?

All in all the user is trying to reach a local allstate agent and our marketing dept isn't doing a good job of clearing out the old business listings?

Is this something businesses tend to do? Or is what I am considering doing wrong?

Thanks!

Happy New Year!!

submitted by /u/isaiahleh17
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/eidvw2/updating_outdated_google_my_business_listings/>

No comments:

Post a Comment