Sunday, December 29, 2019

All 4 of the listings for a niche business in a town are at fake addresses, but Google won't do anything about it.

I'm trying to expand my father-in-laws business to the next town over. All 4 of his competition in that area is listed as a store-front business, but none of them have actual real locations that qualify as a store-front business according to Google's TOS.

  • 2 of the businesses are listed at hotels.
  • 1 is listed in the middle of town, randomly.
  • 1 is listed at his house.

My goal is to get them correctly listed as service area businesses, so that I can compete with them on equal terms as a service area business as well. I've been trying for months to report the listings with my level 7 Local Guide Account, but either the suggested changes are immediately ignored, or they eventually fail. I requested Google contact me, they instructed me to fill out the business redressal form, which I never got a response from. It's been months now and I don't know what to do.

My only options that I see are I can either:

  1. Create a fake listing in the city just like them, although I don't know how I'd get it approved.
  2. List correctly as a service area business, and always be at a competitive disadvantage.

What else can I do? I'm at the point where I'd actually pay someone to have the listings removed so they could properly be listed if that were possible.

submitted by /u/cakes4us
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ehhbeq/all_4_of_the_listings_for_a_niche_business_in_a/>

No comments:

Post a Comment