Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Keyword within keywords? What counts?

This seems like a basic question but I can’t seem to find an answer to it. I’m doing some keyword research and say for example I want to write an article on a “Fibonacci sequence calculator”.

One keyword tool I’m using says that the “Fibonacci sequence calculator” keyword has a search volume of 480 and a ranking difficulty of 14. While the keyword “Fibonacci sequence” keyword, dropping “calculator”, has a volume of 135,000 and a difficulty of 48.

If I were to target the full “Fibonacci sequence calculator” keyword in my title or H1, would it hurt my chances for ranking for the higher volume “Fibonacci sequence” or since its nested within the larger keyword can it rank for both? Or is it a one or the other type deal?

Does it make a difference if the added word doesn’t change the meaning at all, such as “The Fibonacci Sequence” vs. just “Fibonacci sequence” which again are shown as different keywords.

submitted by /u/ReactiveNative
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ei6h87/keyword_within_keywords_what_counts/>

No comments:

Post a Comment