Sunday, December 29, 2019

Many 404's A Problem?

Apparently my site has over 1,000 404's--likely because I took down an online shop and deleted the WooCommerce plugin. Then, I deleted all the photos associated with the items that were for sale.

I was given some instructions for going into the htaccess file to remove 404's, but I'm worried that's over my head and I'll mess something up.

I'd love to avoid adding any plugins to my site, because I don't want to add more to the site and potentially slow it down (that's why I removed WooCommerce in fact).

Are these my only two options? And, does that many 404's really make a difference for my SEO strength?

submitted by /u/cpclemens
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/eh6kho/many_404s_a_problem/>

No comments:

Post a Comment