Monday, December 30, 2019

Bought the .com version of .net domain already ranking, should I redirect?

I thought I would get some opinions about this because I'm a little undecided.

Recently I was able to acquire the .com version of my .net domain through an expired domain auction.

My .net domain is ranking very well for a lot of hard to rank keywords, I also have established some pretty good backlinks for it.

I know that doing a 301 redirect could make me lose some of my rankings as the backlinks wouldn't carry the same weight, also the new domain could end up sandboxed because it had expired recently.

What would you do?

Go ahead and do a 301 redirect to the new domain.

Put same content on the .com and do a canonical to the .net version. (I may be wrong but I think that canonical link element only works on the same domain).

Sit on the .com and do nothing with it.

Create an entirely new site that would compete with the .net version for the same keywords.

Please post your opinions.

submitted by /u/peternunan21
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ehz4e0/bought_the_com_version_of_net_domain_already/>

No comments:

Post a Comment