Hi all,
I have a niche blog with a domain maybe 4-5 years old. It was not intended as a money-making website, but after one year of serious attention it started to generate some side income and ranks very good for several key phrases in my niche. It also has a few backlinks from high DA websites.
The only issue is that the domain name is not user-friendly and really hard to spell without making typos (it's a European word and very difficult for non-native speakers :( ). It also makes it hard to brand it.
I want to rebrand it permanently into something with simple English, easy to remember and more relevant for my niche.
I have a new domain already. Now I am figuring out the best and efficient method for directing traffic to the new domain - hopefully without losing the SEO that I managed to build up so far. Nearly 90% of my traffic comes from Google search so it's much more valuable to me than affiliate income at the moment.
Google search on this topic suggests two main methods:
1) Host a new website and 301 redirect old website to new one - From what I have read so far it is very complicated and takes a long time.
2) Redirect old domain to new domain using 301 redirect: Looks much easier in theory at least. It is not clear to me if this has any negative affects on the search performance.
Can people more informed than me please suggest what might be the best approch for switching to a new domain with minimal loss to the SEO.
Thank you all in advance!
[link] [comments]
from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/jyvr44/recommendations_for_switching_to_a_new_domain/>
No comments:
Post a Comment