Tuesday, April 28, 2020

"Doorway" pages. If they are not relevant why does everyone use them?

I own a cleaning company, we have a page for each city we service with about half unique content on each page. I have been told by many SEO experts these are "doorway pages", that they are an old strategy, that google will de-rank us etc. And, like all things SEO... I have been told by an equal number of seemingly equally competent SEO experts that this is merely part of the game. I've had people go as far as saying it is a best practice.

Also, worth noting virtually every cleaning company in our area that ranks, ranks for pages like this. The only exception being companies named after the cities they are in.

My question: Who do I hire of these two camps and why? If not via these pages how will they actually get us ranking in these local areas in any reasonable amount of time?

submitted by /u/anonguy933
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/ga3ipi/doorway_pages_if_they_are_not_relevant_why_does/>

No comments:

Post a Comment