Thursday, April 30, 2020

I have an indexing problem and I think you guys might be able to help!

Hi guys,

I have an indexing problem that I have never encountered before. I am hoping someone here has encountered similar and can provide a solution or at least let me know this is perfectly normal.

I am currently using old content (from around 2014) on a new domain. The content I am using is from a domain I used to own. I imported the data into Wordpress using MySQL.

I finished restoring the site around 2 weeks ago and added the domain and sitemap to Search Console.

For some reason though Google really doesn't like this site and really doesn't seem to want to index it naturally.

In Search Console I get the following message: Discovered – currently not indexed Status: Excluded

Now, I am aware this means that Google has found the URLS but for some reason chose to not index them. The theory is that it stops before completion.

What concerns me more is Googles lack of further indexing and ranking. For example, I can manually add a link and boom, within 24 hours it's listed in Google. My issue is that Google does not crawl these new links throughout the website. Also, if I search for the listed pages using keywords and keyphrases unique to the site. It doesn't rank at all.

I mean, out of like 60,000,000 results for things like "mainkeyword" "keyphrase" "keyword2" "keyword3" "keyword4" "keyword5" I am nowhere to be seen. spam pages rank but not mine.

To me, this doesn't seem normal or natural.

does anyone have any idea what may be causing this as I am running out of ideas?

more info: i have checked robots.txt and .htacess and they both look fine. just standard wordpress generated files. the site has good content and good internal linking structure. There are currently of 8 pages indexed and 152 excluded. most of these 152 (around 120) I would like ranking.

submitted by /u/theworldsaplayground
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/gas4y1/i_have_an_indexing_problem_and_i_think_you_guys/>

No comments:

Post a Comment