Sunday, April 26, 2020

Newbie thoughts on SEO strategy, am I correct?

Hi Guys,

I am an internet business newbie, to be exact i am generally aware of the system and the overall picture, but it is the details that i do not quite understand and the devil is in the details, perhaps your answers will be useful for other newbies like me.

So my situation is the following - i have developed a straight forward e-commerce website related to fashion and apparel product, also i have an editorial/blog part of the website with fashion/culture/art topics… now the next obvious step would be to start driving traffic to the website for exposure and feedback, apart from social media referrals and affiliate bloggers referrals i am reading that SEO is an essential fundamental necessity for organic traffic.

I am reading blogs about SEO to understand, but it is still very on a surface for me and i have more questions then i find answers, so i am hoping to find answers here:

  1. I am seeing a lot of ads for SEO services on sites like fiverr/upwork/seoclerks offering 50 backlinks for 10-20 dollars, i am wondering how effective are those, considering that they are posting links to various random directories that most probably have nothing to do with my niche, and perhaps it might be good for google seeing my site, but most probably won’t drive me any relevant traffic within my niche? what are the benefits here short term / long term?
  2. If hiring such services is ineffective and waste of my time and resources (I don’t know, I assume, just based on my first question above) I would be much better off with finding a dedicated SEO expert who already has experience in my niche, and will develop a step by step SEO strategy for my site. What should i expect in this scenario? does the person need to have experience in my niche to understand my site and my competitors, or any SEO expert person will be relevant and effective as long as they can analyse and suggest keywords to focus on? Where to look for such freelancers, who are offering less generic solutions?
  3. Considering that i am a bootstrapping startup, short on cash and i do not expect results immediately from one week to another, but planning to achieve 50K organic visitors per month from my target market countries by the end of this year (2020). What would be the minimum requirements for that, in terms of how many new editorial blogposts per month is a decent average to have to achieve my target (we write about 1500+ words per post). What shall be an expectation in terms of the budget to achieve the set target. Is my target achievable with SEO efforts? And what shall be my first step to initiate this project?
  4. As i understand correctly i cannot SEO my initial general domain as it is just a homepage with a shop/editorial selector, but instead I shall SEO each and every editorial article we post, one by one right? What should i do for the product pages? can i SEO each and every product page too? so practically I select one article of mine, identify 5-6 keywords it talks about, and try to get backlinks for this article url as much as possible so it ranks in google for these given 5-6 keywords, this is what SEO means in practice, am i right?

These are 4 general questions that keep me up at night at the moment. I have a very general idea of what keywords and backlinks are, as my expertise is in a completely different domain, so i would rather delegate this to an expert, but i want to understand what it means first. Looking forward to your answers. Also don’t hesitate to DM me.

submitted by /u/SelfMadeAsia
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/g8uwow/newbie_thoughts_on_seo_strategy_am_i_correct/>

No comments:

Post a Comment