Monday, April 27, 2020

Huge loss in traffic due domain migration. Did I miss something from SEO perspective?

Hi, I have migrated my website https://vihara.nl to https://meditatieinstituut.nl.

I think I have done everything perfect for SEO. Still the rankings have huge drops, and so does traffic.
I have done the migration 1,5 week ago.
Nothing is changed in the content and also the url structure is exactly the same.

This I have done:
- 301 redirects from old to new domain for every url
- new domain is running from CDN (Cloudflare) with the same settings
- SSL for the new domain is set up exact the same way
- set up the migration in Google Search Console
- uploaded the new sitemap in search console (and this is working)
- updated the internal links to the new domain
- changed the most important external links to the new domain (where possible)

I believe everything is done in best practice. But maybe I missed something?
If I did not miss something, I guess it will take time before Google have transfered all the authority from the old domain to the new domain, which influences the rankings.
In Search Console there was a mention that it can take 180 days before all pages from the new domain are indexed, instead of the old domain. Maybe it also takes 180 days to tranfer all authority?
Or maybe not all autority will be transfered so I will have a unrecoverable loss because of the transfer.

Looking forwards to your thoughts. Let's hope I missed something that can be restored ;-)

Thanks!

submitted by /u/IMconsultant
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/g8vpbq/huge_loss_in_traffic_due_domain_migration_did_i/>

No comments:

Post a Comment