Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Google Search Console is showing inbound links while they were supposed to be "nofollow" inbount links.

It's my understanding that in Google Seach Console, under the "Links" section for a specific verified domain property, I will find (all?) the inbound links to said domain that Google has indexed.

Which in general it's true: I found in that list the expected number of inbound links, in my company's GSC, and in my clients' GSCs. (We're a web agency)

Note now that it's the agency policy to put a NOFOLLOW link to our main website, for branding reasons.

Also, we recently (8-12 weeks ago) released for couple of clients of ours, two different ecommerce websites, with thousands of pages each.

We're now seeing that under our own GSC "Links" section that we have several thousands of inbound links from said websites, even though they are NOFOLLOW.

The "offending" websites are correctly setup, and in their GSCs there's also a sitemap, with the expected number of links being crawled/indexed by Google almost everyday.

So, is my assumption wrong? What else should I be checking?

Edit: typos

submitted by /u/PiercingAmmonia
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/g9jku1/google_search_console_is_showing_inbound_links/>

No comments:

Post a Comment