Monday, April 27, 2020

Fix google penalties from 2012 or start again?

My personal business website, once fairly prominent in Google searches for my keywords had it's traffic fall off a cliff somewhere in 2012-2013. *Panda?*

I haven't done anything with my website since then and business has had to come elsewhere than from google but I want to (need to) get this back.

I didn't do that much SEO back in 2010-2012 when I had great rankings, a nice hand-coded website and keywords seemed to be enough back then, but when I started to slide to 5th instead of 1st I did do some link swapping etc and I think probably buying links to .edu's or something is what got me in trouble.

The question is whether this has been left too long to fix it or if it's better to start again with a new domain?

I have some good links from what were back then authority domains (BBC for an example)

submitted by /u/hamsternose
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/g91123/fix_google_penalties_from_2012_or_start_again/>

No comments:

Post a Comment