Thursday, April 30, 2020

How to add URL parameters on click action?

On our website, we have URL tracking parameters on links to other pages. We added correct canonical URLs on those pages, but still, I would like to save crawling budget and I'm searching for a way to do it without removing URL parameters. In my case blocking these URL parameters using robots.txt file isn't an option.

I've read one blog post that suggests adding URL parameters using the "param-string=" function.

So as I understood URL like this for Google bot would be without parameters, they would only be added for the user when he clicks on it. Does it still work? Or are there any other options to do that?

submitted by /u/Nitrunis
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/gas9z4/how_to_add_url_parameters_on_click_action/>

No comments:

Post a Comment