Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Can this SEO strategy backfire?

I'm planning on implementing a strategy to get more search clicks and I'm hoping if anyone more experienced can tell me if it's a bad idea (because last time I tried something I screwed myself over).

Background: I run a meme generator website. It's no longer close to the front page of Google but I find some luck with some long tail search terms. e.g. instead of "Meme generator", if the search term is "Surprised pikachu meme generator" I can be on the first page. The meme generator itself allows you to upload your own image or choose from templates but some pages like the one that comes up for "Surprised pikachu meme generator" will have the meme preloaded for convenience.

So my plan is to do busy work the next few days, adding pages like that. Like, thousands of pages with different meme macros, in hopes of maximizing my traffic by the trickle of the one-odd click on thousands of pages.

From what I've read Google takes a longer time to index/crawl semi-duplicate pages. Is that something that can decrease my SEO ranking to my site in general or screw me up in some other way or is it low risk? Is that something that can increase my search engine ranking overall or would it more likely than not diminish it?

submitted by /u/PeterPorky
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/al7y2s/can_this_seo_strategy_backfire/>

No comments:

Post a Comment