Thursday, January 31, 2019

How to get inlinks of inlinks efficiently with Screaming Frog?

I'm trying to scan my website for broken links and need to list all the broken links in a spreadsheet with the source (page located on) and the actual link itself (with maybe some anchor text/status code but the first two are most important).

However some links have been redirected over time and the scan records the redirect link as the source/inlink with the new redirect instead of the ORIGINAL source and the ORIGINAL broken link. The original is what I need because I want to know what the actual broken link is and what page it is located on. I can get to this information by right clicking an individual record and exporting a crawl path report. But this method is inefficient because I am dealing with a thousand plus records.

Any Screaming Frog pros know how to deal with this? Thanks! 😊

submitted by /u/chill_advised
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/alrnl2/how_to_get_inlinks_of_inlinks_efficiently_with/>

No comments:

Post a Comment