Thursday, January 31, 2019

Correct way to block pages within a category?

I have a (joomla) category called Testimonials - and I only want the category view to be displayed and indexed on the site.

The individual testimonials are all separate articles within that category - and I don't want the individual article pages being displayed or indexed.

Currently, there is no way to navigate to the individual article pages via the website menu structure, however the article URLs still exist and do show up in my sitemap (and presumably are being indexed by google).

I've removed all content from the article layouts (so essentially, when viewed directly they are just made up of the Header, footer, and nothing inbetween) - So there isn't really anything of value for google to index - But these URLs are still showing in my sitemap.

Is this the best method to hide the article layouts from google? Is there a better method? Should I place a no follow / no index tag directly into the article page layout?

submitted by /u/shandb
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/alvek9/correct_way_to_block_pages_within_a_category/>

No comments:

Post a Comment