Wednesday, January 30, 2019

User Experience?

I've recently started an all out blitz to get some backlinks and so one of my first points of emphasis has been to look for broken links from the first page or two of results for keywords I'm targeting.

And what I've noticed is that 80%+ of the sites provide an absolutely abysmal first impression for user experience.

There on the first page of results for nearly every keyword, you had: cookie policy disclosures taking up a third of the page, inundated often with 2-3 ads always somewhere on the screen no matter how far you scrolled, and being prompted 2-3 times with a complete page covering ad to ask for my email for the newsletter/product/whatever.

And I don't mean to come across as naive, I know this happens and I know it's not "new" in any sense of the word. But when you listen to so many people talk about "user experience" and then see sometimes just utter shit of a website repeatedly in the top 3 results across a multitude of keywords it can become pretty disheartening.

How have you all been able to square these ideas in your head?

submitted by /u/meatcheeseandbun
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/algu1r/user_experience/>

No comments:

Post a Comment