Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Should I disavow a domain?

So there is this domain that has 300 links pointing to my domain. But that domain is no longer active, so I can’t even check if it’s legit, but by the volume of links it seems to be very spammy.

I would think that if I let it be, eventually google would realize that the domain is no longer active, and remove those links from my search console. It’s been almost 2 months, and all those links still exist in the console.

Should I just disavow that domain or just wait longer? I did perform a disavow in the past (for spammy domains), and saw my traffic falls shortly after. My traffic is currently growing, so I’m afraid I might have a negative impact. But at the same time, if that domain is left unchecked for a longer time, I could also get google penalty.

What should I do?

submitted by /u/CuriousPersonZ
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/al0z8z/should_i_disavow_a_domain/>

No comments:

Post a Comment