Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Suspicious Digital Marketing Agency

My friend is currently using a digital marketing agency for his business and asked me to evaluate the services they have provided and I couldn't believe how ineffective (what I think) the agency was. I would like to see if I can get a second opinion from this community. (my apologies w/ typing errors)

Background: My background/specialty is in social media (I think), and have created a small e-commerce business last year and have experience with SEO and SEM (adwords and fb) to some extent. I've used Shopify for the e-commerce business so marketing was not too difficult as Shopify is pretty user friendly. I am no expert with SEO/SEM, but I do believe I know the basics at least. (So please try not to judge. sorry.)

Friends Business & Agency: My friend used this agency for their marketing to promote through newspapers, magazines, etc. The friend decided to use the agency for their digital marketing needs as they had a history of working together but is not getting the results he expected. (Has been working together for ~6 months).

As I was talking to my friend, I noticed he does not have access to Adwords. I found the agency has created all their campaigns within the agencies account. I requested of my friend to ask the agency for access (even if its "view only"). After several emails of going back and forth, they refused to give access saying it is private information as it can give away their strategies (which is understandable i guess...). I also found out they refuse to my friend how much they are using daily/monthly for their budgeted campaigns.

Some information they provide are impressions, visitors, and traffic increase. (which isnt too much. went from ~5k monthly visits to approximately ~8k monthly visits.) btw, my friend is paying them ~12k monthly. I personally think these metrics are near useless. I want to see unique visitors, ad campaigns, conversions, etc. Not f**king impressions... That should be the last thing they show me.

In summary: I can go on forever, but my question is, what information do agencies typically provide the client with? Is this normal where agencies do not provide all the information? Should the agency have analytics properly set up as in creating a funnel? I also been using semrush to see if I can get additional info.

submitted by /u/HelloWorlde
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/alhphr/suspicious_digital_marketing_agency/>

No comments:

Post a Comment