Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Having a Google Analytics e-commerce issue I could use some more brain power with.

Ok so I have analytics set up on an e-commerce site. Everything works well, transactions are sent and logged to google analytics with each transaction number.

The issue I am having, is I think people are leaving the browser window open and refreshing the order confirmation page and I do not know how to fix this.

Like say Monday order numbers 100-120 come in, they will log to analytics with the value, say its $1 per order. So the value for the day will be $20. But on Wednesday, someone who placed order number 110 might refresh their order confirmation page (like they left it open this whole time) and it will move order 110 from Monday to Wednesday, and also reduce Mondays stats by $1.

This is happening on a larger scale and I am not sure how to handle this. Any insights?

submitted by /u/WeeklyOperation
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/allfsd/having_a_google_analytics_ecommerce_issue_i_could/>

No comments:

Post a Comment