Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Question about linking blogs to create silos

I'm currently working on some blogs for a website, and I'm trying to create a 'virtual silo' by linking certain blogs together.

I have a 'main' blog that will be something like 'The 5 most important points to consider when doing x'.

I will then have 5 supporting blog posts that go deeper into the 5 'most important points':

1) The 5 most important points to consider when doing x

1i) How to do point 1

1ii) How to do point 2

1iii) How to do point 3

1iv) How to do point 4

1v) How to do point 5

I understand that if I want to create a silo that is good for SEO, the 5 supporting pages should all link back to the main page, and each other.

But it also makes sense for the 'main' page to link to the 'supporting' pages. Would doing this cancel out the silo effect? If all the pages in the silo link to each other, surely there is no 'main page'?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/jonnyhaldane
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/alc1xq/question_about_linking_blogs_to_create_silos/>

No comments:

Post a Comment