Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Google Search Console shows non-existant URLs are "page with redirect" - I need some expertise

I'm seeing some strange things in the new Google Search Console.

I'm in the report section: "Index" -> "Coverage" -> "Excluded" -> "Page with redirect"

In this report I see URLs that should not exist, and therefore should not have 301:s "on them".

For example, I see variations of some of my most read blog posts where the category part of the URL is of a completely different category than what's set on the post, and it's a category that I know, with 100% certainty, that the post have never been categorized as.

I've also downloaded all external links via Majestic, and filtered for some of these URLs that should not exist to see if any externa links are pointing to these pages.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be showing in search console?

submitted by /u/Eklundz
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/alaumm/google_search_console_shows_nonexistant_urls_are/>

No comments:

Post a Comment