Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Google Search Console shows non-existant URLs are "page with redirect" - I need some expertise

I'm seeing some strange things in the new Google Search Console.

I'm in the report section: "Index" -> "Coverage" -> "Excluded" -> "Page with redirect"

In this report I see URLs that should not exist, and therefore should not have 301:s "on them".

For example, I see variations of some of my most read blog posts where the category part of the URL is of a completely different category than what's set on the post, and it's a category that I know, with 100% certainty, that the post have never been categorized as.

​

I've also downloaded all external links via Majestic, and filtered for some of these URLs that should not exist to see if any externa links are pointing to these pages.

​

Does anyone have any idea why this could be showing in search console?

submitted by /u/Eklundz
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/alaumm/google_search_console_shows_nonexistant_urls_are/>

No comments:

Post a Comment