Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Google Search Console is confusing me and doesn't seem to agree with Analytics

When I look in google search console for my website, "Total Impressions" took a major hit after I made some website changes at the start of the year. Search Console says total impressions of my home page are essentially zero since making changes. Total Clicks to my home page also appear to have taken a huge hit.

Search Console says clicks for my main keywords have stopped completely. And Search Console says my average position before making changes was 6.6 and is now non-existent since making changes.

This is confusing to me because I am currently #3 in google for my keyword as far as I can tell. If anything my ranking has improved from around #5-6 to #3 for my main keyword. So I have no idea why search console isn't recording my average position anymore.

According to Google Analytics, traffic has been relatively consistent before and after the website changes.

None of this makes any sense to me. If my total impressions to my main page have taken such a huge hit, how can my traffic (according to analytics) be largely unaffected? And the % of my traffic coming from google is also unaffected.

I'm very confused by all of this. Can anyone provide some insight?

submitted by /u/FluxCapacitor11
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/al46t4/google_search_console_is_confusing_me_and_doesnt/>

No comments:

Post a Comment