Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Am I in over my head?

Well everyone, hello. I'll cut to it: I recently accepted a contract (quite lucrative too) to do some SEO work and optimization for a local university. The CMO is a good friend of mine so he kinda jumped at the chance to contract me.

The first item on the docket is "Build out SEO components on essential landing pages using the Yoast SEO tool within Wordpress."

A little about me:

  • About a year-and-a-half of SEO experience, primarily in creating performative content + optimizing old content
  • Am very familiar with Wordpress and Yoast (we used these tools at my old job)
  • Did HubSpot's primer on SEO
  • Am currently actively studying SEO via Moz and ahref's content, but still feel sorely underprepared

So I guess what I'm asking is what is my best plan of attack? Like, for an absolute beginner, would you recommend creating an SEO outline in my first week just identifying essential pages and how to best optimize them? Is there some kind of worksheet you know of? I know a lot of SEO techniques, but I'm finally being thrown out of the frying pan and into the fryer, so to speak.

I appreciate any voices, opinions, and especially resources. Thus far I'm reading Moz's 101 guide to refresh my skills, and am thinking of signing up for ahrefs. I've also got Keywords Everywhere extension installed, with some credits.

I really want to do right by my friend, and it doesn't sound like there's a ton of pressure, but the fraudulent feelings are definitely there.

Thank you a ton in advance.

submitted by /u/Clunkbot
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j2xj44/am_i_in_over_my_head/>

No comments:

Post a Comment