Wednesday, September 30, 2020

HELP!- Homepage Suddenly Not Indexed by Google

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Yesterday my home page was ranking in top 10 for 20+ keywords. And has been that way for several months.

Today, suddenly, my homepage started dropping in rank. I chalked this up to SERP volatility. Then later in the day I went to Search Console and tested the url, it said that it was not indexed by Google. The page itself is indexable (not mentioned in my robot.txt, no “noindex” Meta , etc) search console even confirmed the page was indexable but just wasn’t indexed.

I suddenly lost all my rankings. Over a year of hard work. Does anyone know how I can fix this. Is it just a glitch? Will Google adjust the SERP and fix once indexed?

Also: All other pages of my site are still indexed by Google. No errors in site map. Also went through everything in the Google help center and nothing helpful.

submitted by /u/wjones995
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j2yc1d/help_homepage_suddenly_not_indexed_by_google/>

No comments:

Post a Comment