Sunday, September 27, 2020

Help/advice for probably my first SEO job (finally)...

Hi there SEO’s, this is gonna be a long post asking for some help/advice and I hope some professionals here can help me.

Let me clarify something before going to the topic. I’m kinda new in SEO but I have been learning for about about a month now all the basic stuff, Local SEO, SEO on-page, Off-page, basic web design, learn to code (at least basic level), content creation, technical SEO, mainly. And I have designed a website for some friend’s local business but haven’t publish yet so no experience ranking.

The topic is, after searching job for almost all the time while I am learning (mainly scholar or content writer), I have an opportunity now in a medium size company.

The company is mainly focus in one province but have different franchises over the country, so it’s kinda semi-known. They’re ranking top5 for their main KW (in their province) and top 1 for the mid-tail KWs, but the website is not optimized at all. No H1, no KW focus, no blog or content apart for the basic introduction to their services, also the website is very deep like 6-7 clicks for the main objective of the site. So there’s a lot of job that can be done. Also, other provinces franchises are not ranking in their cities apart from the ones in the main province.

The problem, and my question here is: -I have the opportunity to (try =90% sure) join as a scholar and work with the Dig. Mkt. team (mainly focus on the app and maybe i’m the only one doing SEO) and have the opportunity to trial and error. (less salary, less work but more comfier (i don’t like comfort zones xD)). -Or join as a employee, do all the SEO job (which I don’t know how to aboard and what’s first) also co-working with digital marketing team. And try to get results. The thing here is I think i’m capable of, but I don’t know how to aboard some of the problems, also the boss is a close friend of one familiar and I’m scared I can screw something up when they’re doing very good. (more salary, more work (which i like), but I can’t do try-error in my early stages in a SEO job.

Thanks to all, specially the ones who read until the end! ❤️ Sorry if my english is not perfect but in my favour i’m not native.

Hope someone help 🙏🏻

submitted by /u/heeervas
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j0ogbd/helpadvice_for_probably_my_first_seo_job_finally/>

No comments:

Post a Comment