Monday, September 28, 2020

Computer repair business SEO only half works

Hey all,

So I've been running a computer repair business for about 6 years now and trying to get my site to rank higher. I have managed to get it to page 7 on Google on my own and it has fluctuated between page 4 and 8 for the term "computer repairs Adelaide" in the last few years.

I guess I've thrown in the towel with trying to boost it any higher. I've followed online courses on how to do SEO which I found on Udemy and this got me where it is but no higher.

The main things I've done have been:

  • Paid for a press release on a larger site (this did boost me up the rank and I've stayed there)

  • Changed all my keywords to match my search terms

  • Updated my meta tags

  • Posted my site everywhere in every directory

  • Affiliated with some friends who stuck my link on their business sites.

Things I tried that didn't work for me...

  • Create a business landing page for every suburb in my area

I'm not really sure how to get "back links"... This seems impossible to me.

I had the idea to create a lot of quality content blog articles that lead consumers of my demographic to read them and flow to my page. I wrote a few articles felt it was a waste of time... Is it? Is this how people get their back links?

Any advice would be appreciated. You are talking to a stubborn person who wants to do this himself... Please don't try and sell me your SEO plans

submitted by /u/mindfulness-journey
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j189fp/computer_repair_business_seo_only_half_works/>

No comments:

Post a Comment