Sunday, September 27, 2020

Switching Google Analytics to GTM: Organic User Data Issues?

Hey everyone,

Having a bit of a problem with Google Analytics and Tag Manager and hoping you can help me out. Placing pretty good odds on this being something super obvious I've missed too.

I'm working on switching my Google Analytics implementation to Google Tag Manager rather than the hard-coded implementation I've previously had.

I've got the GTM implementation running in a new Google Analytics property side-by-side with the historical implementation right now. The configuration of the two is exactly the same, right down to every event we're tracking.

Seeing about a 1.2% difference in most data points, but there's a massive discrepancy when it comes to Organic and Direct traffic: the GTM set up is significantly under-attributing traffic to Organic and over-attributing to Direct compared to the old set up.

Do you have any ideas why - or what I should look at more closely to figure this out?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

submitted by /u/natsep
[link] [comments]

from Search Engine Optimization: The Latest SEO News https://www.reddit.com/r/SEO/comments/j101m3/switching_google_analytics_to_gtm_organic_user/>

No comments:

Post a Comment